Listen Up Book Nerds!

Isn't this tidbit scrumptious?!?!  So adorable!

Isn’t this tidbit scrumptious?!?! So adorable!

The people have spoken!! Or technically…written. It sounds like most of you would like to blog about the books we read. Completely unexpected given that many of you are bloggers! ;)

So here’s my plan to get this moving. I’m going to write a post on the first four chapters of “The Untethered Soul” sometime in the next couple of days. If you would also like to write a post (either before mine or in response to it), please let me know. I would love to add a link to your post in my corresponding entry. Does that work for you??? If so, let me know! :)

***Completely random side question – Can anybody possibly explain to me how one underlines in WordPress. I have tried repeatedly and I just end up with weird spacing. What am I doing wrong here??? It bugs me to pieces to use quotation marks when I should be underlining a book title. I know – it’s seriously dorky, but it really bothers me! Suggestions?? Thanks!

1. yogaleigh
    Aug 17, 2013 @ 00:20:44

If I wrote my post first in (the free) Open Office word processing program I can use different fonts and text colors and quite a few special characters, etc. and then when I copy and paste it into the box in WordPress it picks most of it up and lets it publish. If I do it in MS Word, doesn’t work… [I found this out accidentally by composing a post in OO and copying it in--not because I know anything techie...] Beyond that I’ve never figured out how to get anything but the few things that show up in the free WP tool bar.
    The book plan sounds good although I’m more likely to just come make comments on your post than to write posts. Maybe. We’ll see.

2. The Presents of Presence
    Aug 17, 2013 @ 08:22:28

Use the U with the underline under it. That makes things underlined I underline after I’ve written my post (go back, highlight the word(s) and then click underline. Hope this helps.

3. dianasschwenk
    Aug 17, 2013 @ 09:13:00

I don’t know how to underline either! I wonder if some themes allow it while others don’t as I’ve changed themes 3 times and they don’t all have the same capacities.

4. Marylin Warner
    Aug 17, 2013 @ 10:39:13

I don’t think you can underline in WordPress. And when we put a title in quotation marks, it makes it look like the title to a short story. So I put book titles in ALL CAPS and count it good.

5. writerwannabe763
    Aug 17, 2013 @ 14:43:14

I just downloaded the book to my Kobo..so will likely start reading tonight… To underline there is an icon U with a line underneath it ..up with the others …you highlight what you want underlined and click on it…. Diane

Aug 20, 2013 @ 21:14:16

I don’t have that in my list. So strange! I must be looking right at it. :)

• writerwannabe763
        Aug 20, 2013 @ 23:44:47

I know what your problem is.. I had it for several months before someone clued me in.. To display another row of icons including the one I said… you need to go to the last icon that is on the right hand side and click on it and it will give you another whole row of different icons… If you wonder what they all are I’ll try and help…

Note.. Joanna I can’t participate in the book study right now… re my post that I wrote today… physical issues But I will read the book when I am feeling better…Diane

Aug 30, 2013 @ 14:29:08

OK I am checking this out with the icons. And please don’t give the book a second thought. It’s really just for fun. I’m just sorry that you are hurting now honey. :( Much love to you dear friend.

Aug 30, 2013 @ 14:30:16

It worked!!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!

6. Patty B
    Aug 17, 2013 @ 18:28:32

Not sure about the underline thing…in the page I use it offers the underline key. Good luck.

Aug 20, 2013 @ 21:14:43

I know I have to be looking right at it….

How are you doing lovebug?

• Patty B
        Aug 22, 2013 @ 18:12:46

Each day God’s peace fills my life…. tomorrow is the first Bible Study Leaders meeting getting us ready for the upcoming year. I am looking forward to getting back to that part of my life.

Aug 30, 2013 @ 14:26:46

How did the Bible study go!?!?!? Was it wonderful??? I really hope it was. :) Please let me know how you are doing honey. Hugs!

• Patty B
        Sep 02, 2013 @ 18:19:30

I am doing fine thank you for asking. The leaders meeting went well. This Friday we get to work! I am looking forward to getting into this study of Matthew. This weekend I accomplished alot and rested alot. It was a good weekend. I think I am starting to get organized again and caught up – even my emails.

7. Yaz
    Aug 18, 2013 @ 01:17:52

Between the Title box and the Text box are all the tools for writing. Where you see ‘Paragraph’…next to that is the U..with an underline. When you have typed in the title of the book, highlight it, then press the U.

Hope I’ve explained it well. Good luck!

Aug 20, 2013 @ 21:13:32

Ok I am so not seeing that but oddly enough I finally was able to use CTRl + U. Why didn’t that work before??? Who cares as long as it keeps working! And thanks super much. :)

8. 1girl4adamwest
    Aug 18, 2013 @ 15:57:38

Hi there! I shall see if my library has this book. It sounds very interesting. Is the author Michael Singer ? I do not know how to underline in WP but, I sure hope someone knows the secret and shares. (((Hugs 4 U)))

Aug 20, 2013 @ 21:09:46

Yes Michael Singer! And I am thinking Joyce Meyer will be the next author on the list! :) Any specific suggestions for which title to go with there??

• 1girl4adamwest
        Aug 21, 2013 @ 20:54:11

Hey there! I love listening to Joyce M on the radio or TV and I have seen her live once and it was wonderful. I have some of her books but, none of them touch me enough to recommend–for me it’s truly her presence and presentation of honesty that draws me to listen to her, I’m not sure why i can not connect with her in books.

Aug 30, 2013 @ 14:25:04

I genuinely appreciate the tip on this. Thanks lovebug!