Be Who You Are and Be That Well

“Be who you are and be that well.” – Saint Francis de Sales

A few days ago, I attended a very low key yoga class.  At the beginning of the hour, the instructor handed out a little paper to each student with the above quote.  This lovely individual is such a gentle soul, and I knew he was sharing these words from a place of true love and acceptance of all those around him.  But beneath the surface of his kind smile, I sensed a struggle within that even the yogiest of the yogis sometimes feels.  It’s that nagging question that so many of us struggle to release.

Am I good enough?

Of course, the answer is a resounding yes you absolutely are!  But why do we constantly question ourselves?

Personally I believe that we are always undergoing change and growth, and these shifts cause our perspectives to move.  Sometimes the moves feel smooth and natural, and at other times, it’s a bit more like running into a wall – not so smooth.

When I think about my own yoga practice, my mind wonders to visions of my kids on roller skates.  They are legends in their own minds, but it pretty much stops there.  Well there and on the floor when they wipe out for the 400th time.  But much like my kids with their less than mad skills, I too get back up and keep trying.  I may not have it all figured out, but I do the best I can and I learn a little more each day.  If we can take this approach in life, it seems to me like we will always be heading in a pretty solid direction.

So today, just for this moment, consider the idea that yes, you are so very enough, and you are even more than that.  You are a spectacular piece of a Divine Plan and your role is essential.  If it wasn’t, you wouldn’t have made it here at all!  Be yourself and be true to your spirit.  Learn a little, laugh a lot, and try to be the best REAL you each day (or at least on most days – everyone is allowed some do-overs – I call those days “Monday”).  If you can do that, the rest of the stuff truly will fall into place.  Be who you are and be that well.  That is all you ever need to do.

Love and light always.  Joanna

1. Enchanted Seashells
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 18:33:03

Thank you, that was lovely!

2. 1girl4adamwest
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 18:55:53

I’m so happy you posted tonight, I missed ya! I agree, being the best we can be is by being our wonderful selves!

3. boomiebol
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 19:16:53

This was a pleasure to read. We are indeed spectacular pieces of a Divine and bigger plan. Thanks for sharing!

4. 1girl4adamwest
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 19:20:25

I am having a hard time leaving you a comment. I will try 1 more time. I am so happy you posted tonight I have missed you. And I agree with your writing wholeheartedly.

5. valeriedavies
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 20:09:34

So true. I sometimes remind myself, if God trusts me, why don’t I?

6. evatenter
    Sep 27, 2012 @ 05:06:40

So so glad to see your post! :) I really missed you already.

I absolutely agree, it is essential to stop constantly questioning ourselves. I still have too many of these moments, so I recently thought I should install a new confidence software to my brain…I’m still working on downloading it from the Universe. I’ll let you know how it goes. :D

7. sharechair
    Sep 27, 2012 @ 06:07:24

Wonderful post. I’ll try to remember! :)

8. The Presents of Presence
    Sep 27, 2012 @ 09:24:51

You are such a love…I have to pinch myself b/c I just think you’re grand! How did I get so blessed to know you? :)

9. Between The Weeds: LRStudio
    Sep 27, 2012 @ 13:38:46

Can you feel the love? Dear sweet MoJo you are a beautiful light in so many lives but sometimes you need a break, understandable. Fabulous your back. Sent you a big hug this morn did you feel it?

10. Between The Weeds: LRStudio
    Sep 27, 2012 @ 13:40:16

Reblogged this on Between the Weeds and commented:
    Beautiful words to share from a sweet beautiful soul. Enjoy I did.