Understanding Yourself

I stumbled across this lovely picture and found it to be so poignant and true.  It is a beautiful reminder that we can choose to  release our concerns with regard to how others view us.  Instead we can focus on our own growth in this journey of faith.

I believe that everything that crosses our path comes into our lives for a reason.  This small picture helped me today as it was intended to do.  I hope that you find love and hope in the message as well.

1. forhisgloryandpraise
    Apr 19, 2012 @ 15:42:53

Funny, how a simple picture can affect people different ways. For me it is peaceful, and reminds me of when I use to walk out to a cliff above the ocean, where there was a little garden. I would take all the emotional struggles and trials I was going through and mentally toss them into the sea…pray and give them to God to deal with. After doing this there was such a release that I could sit and enjoy the beauty around me. So to me this isn’t a picture of loneliness but of peace.

2. writerwannabe763
    Apr 19, 2012 @ 16:35:53

Knowing ourselves is a key element in self enlightenment (big word lol) I wrote a blog about this when I first started writing and have since reblogged it ……I called it… Just Who Am I ..Diane

3. Wendell A. Brown AKA The Brown One Poet
    Apr 19, 2012 @ 16:46:37

Your message can bring life to someones life with your images! Like a painter what you leave in ones heart and mind will blossom from the seed you plant and bring all kinds of good things to live inside their life where their hearts lie! They will see themselves in a much clearer light! Beautiful and amazing!

4. Joy
    Apr 19, 2012 @ 16:48:35

Great post!
    I love the quote. It is SO true!

5. evatenter
    Apr 21, 2012 @ 07:20:17

Reblogged this on What is depression?.

6. A Dog With Fleas
    Apr 22, 2012 @ 11:07:35

Thank you for posting. It is exactly what I needed today. And like you said above, “Everything that crosses our path comes into our lives for a reason.” That it exactly how I feel about this post.

Exactly the reminder I needed today.

Thanks.

7. russtowne
    Jun 20, 2012 @ 17:21:05

Reblogged this on A Grateful Man and commented:
    And the greatest pain often comes just before the breakthrough to understanding!
    Thank you for sharing the saying and photo, MoJo!
    Russ