Soul Reboot

Over the past week, I have felt tired.  No that’s not right.  I have felt craaaazy tiiiiired.  And I have been trying to understand what that is about.  I’m getting enough sleep (well enough in the “I have two small kids” world).  I don’t have anything particularly stressful going on.  Work and family are running pretty smoothly, and I feel good.  So what’s the deal?

Sometimes I think that maybe my soul is taking a moment to reboot.  It seems like I am processing so much new stuff lately.  Perhaps this sometimes comes with the requirement of setting aside a few days to take it easy so you can upload it all - even when the stuff is good stuff.  Or I have mono.  Or I am beyond lazy.  No, I am sticking with the soul reboot idea.

Does anyone else ever experience this phenomenon? Or do you have mono?  Or are you beyond lazy?  ;)

1. Broken Light: A Photography Collective
    Apr 15, 2012 @ 17:33:33

Depression definitely makes me feel that way. And Ambien. Hope you get some energy soon.

2. todayiprayed
    Apr 15, 2012 @ 18:13:14

I know that feeling all too well… many times, for me, it is low iron levels and much of the time, you just need that low hanging, nothingness time… i feel beyond lazy, but in my head i know that God wants us to rest, actual rest, just rest – no computer, no tv, no telephone – how hard is that! (for me? super hard!)

Apr 15, 2012 @ 20:27:12

I think you are so right. I went to a reiki class this weekend and the amazing instructor said that you need to spend 24 hours in silence without talking, tv or phones before mastership. The mere idea of it made me tremble. So sad that we are so entangled in technology (she typed on her phone while sitting two inches from her Kindle, iPad and laptop – wow). Have a wonderful week sweetie! :)

3. forhisgloryandpraise
    Apr 15, 2012 @ 18:44:05

Well, it is a normal experience for people, like me, who suffer from fibromyalgia…but I also know what you mean. There are times in our lives when it seems our soul needs a reboot. It is in these times though that I realize that it is God telling me to rest in Him and allow him to bring new insight or new energy into my walk with him. I think often that life in itself, with its growing challenges, and all that is going on in our country and the world are simply wearing us down. If you add to that the changes in the weather that are bringing these strong storms, and our souls are just tested to their limits. Again these are the times we need to be listening to God, because he is telling us to rest in Him and give him the struggles of life that are wearing us down…then he reboots us.

4. writerwannabe763
    Apr 15, 2012 @ 20:01:00

You have a very valid reason for being tired…Just hope you get ‘re-booted’. BTW loved the picture of the dog…he looks exactly like we feel when we do get that crazy tired feeling ….Diane

5. ladyromp
    Apr 15, 2012 @ 20:11:31

So Cute!!!!!!

6. istopforsuffering
    Apr 15, 2012 @ 21:54:34

This is me too! Lately I have felt incredibly tired. I thought perhaps it was the weather – over here in Australia we are going from summer into winter. So it’s becoming cooler and it’s easier to sleep. Though all I know is that I could happily sleep around the clock at the moment :-)

7. spilledcookies
    Apr 15, 2012 @ 22:02:42

I have had the same “soul reboot” feelings. I like your terminology. :) I also love the pic!!

8. Anton Jarrod
    Apr 16, 2012 @ 07:46:26

I suppose there could be a variety of factors, but as your lovely photo suggests, rest is also a natural element of a cycle of activity. However, it does not need to consist only of sleep. I find there are periods of greater and lesser intensity, at various times, on different levels. But rest is important, and valuable in itself.

9. Katrina
    Apr 16, 2012 @ 08:04:44

Your soul must reboot and recharge just like your body and mind. I think though our souls have manners. They don’t demand attention like our mind or body, they wait until nothing else is demanding our attention and then take the time to recharge, we sense it, we just aren’t sure what we are sensing. Take a day and do nothing, watch a movie you love, read a book, (and yes, I know what I just said, you have two kids and work and house and….) If you don’t take care of you how will you take care of those other things?

10. ahimsamaven
    Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:34:23

Soul rteboot – I totally get it. My body recognizes my stress and weariness levels before my mind does. I blame our conditioning for this ability to forget whole self health.

Thanks for the post.

11. Misifusa
    Apr 17, 2012 @ 05:03:50

Soul reboot! What a wonderful phrase…yup ~ I’m feeling the same way…be kind to you, watch your thoughts and be happy! So many beautiful things are happening right now…you just need to catch up and get back on the wave! xo

12. michellebloom
    Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:22:09

me too! so tired i have not been able to blog or read blogs or work out or anything. i have a feeling it could be the solar flares too, adding, helping the soul reboot. i feel the soul reboot though too.