Serenity Now Please

I am at one with the light…I am serenity…I am about to be on the news if those children don’t quiet down!!!  Kids – cut it out!!!  Mommy is trying to be zen!!!!!

Does this sound like anyone else’s moments of meditation?  They aren’t all like that, but I wouldn’t say that they are a rare event either.  Usually it makes me laugh because that’s what life is about.  At other times, mama is a little less amused.  Oh well.  You do what you can.

I have heard several people say that it is very possible to stay connected to the light at all times.  At this point, I always want to call or email and inquire if they have children of their own.  Am I the only person who wonders this?  Please understand.  I adore my babies more than words could ever convey.  However sometimes I feel that I become disconnected and I’m not sure how to avoid that.

For example, this evening we went out for a family dinner.  It was really nice.  The kids were eating well and everyone was happy.  Well everyone was happy until my husband and I simultaneously looked up to see our son licking the top of the restaurant ketchup bottle – yes, he so did.  Seriously – I have no words that can possibly encompass the level of EWWWWWWWW we both felt on behalf of all germs involved – his and anyone else who had contacted this gnarly bottle.  Horr–i-fy–ing (and not the least bit embarrassing of course)!!!!  Yes, he definitely got in trouble, and yes we told the wait staff to throw it out and add it to our bill.  This restaurant seems to be our favorite spot to display our best moments of public awesomeness.  The last time we went there, I broke a plate and spilled food everywhere – always cool.  The time before that, my daughter spilled an entire cup of milk on a cloth chair – saturated it.  I am fully confident that our damages per visit far exceed any profits they might have made on the meals.  Needless to say, I am a humongous tipper.  But when one adds ketchup bottle licking to the list, perhaps it is time to find a new place to eat??

So that’s me this evening.  Attempting to re-connect to the light so that I can pray that my son does not contract restaurant ketchup mouth cooties.  Attempting to find humor in the crazy embarrassing things we do.  Attempting to make you feel like parent of the year.  I bet it totally worked, too.  ;)

1. writerwannabe763
    Apr 11, 2012 @ 19:57:21

I can see it happening…and no it’s not funny…but can I laugh anyway?

I loved the years when my children were young ..they were precious…but as I said to my husband tonight….actually on the way to Florida for a vacation..and we sat just the two of us eating a peaceful dinner….”there is something to be said for being a senior”….lol Diane

2. istopforsuffering
    Apr 11, 2012 @ 20:59:38

I must admit, I have to laugh :-). And I love that you are able to see the humour in the situation.

Kids certainly assist us in our practice that’s for sure. Well maybe assist is the wrong word lol.

My darling child had a tantrum this morning and threw his glasses across the room. The same child who broke his only 2 pairs of glasses over the Easter long weekend. And I had had them repaired on Tuesday.

Needless to say my initial reaction was not “zen like” :-)

3. erranttranscendentalist
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 03:20:29

Lovin your sense of humor! And, L.O.V.E. the photo!!

Apr 12, 2012 @ 05:31:40

You gotta laugh when it’s your kids! Or at least you have laugh eventually. ;)

I cracked up when I saw that pic, too. Who creates this stuff??? And more importantly how can I give them credit???

4. cindyhfrench
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 05:38:23

oh yes the memories of those days! but they are all too fleeting and I promise that you will be missing them and wanting those days back. Promise! Still when you have those grandchildren someday you will also be glad you aren’t starting over! Thanks for my first laugh of the day! I can always count on you.

5. Misifusa
    Apr 13, 2012 @ 04:55:56

Love when you make me laugh…and yes, I have a similar scenario at home. xo

6. It's Just About The Hair!
    Apr 13, 2012 @ 11:10:45

I can so relate!
    The interesting thing is life goes on with it’s spills and mishaps. Suddenly they have houses with kitchens of their own, they will cook for you, no spills, no sign of ketchup; not anywhere, not even in the fridge! Ketchup won’t even exist nor spills except for the ones you make :)
    Then the little ones will appear along with the ketchup and the spills and your smiles as they pay for ketchup bottles in restaurants.
    Ketchup carries no cooties … You have no worries, my friend … I consider ketchup completely zen! It’s been zen for generations!
    I also consider the business of small children and families to be glory to God!
    You are glorious!